CICV Forum webinars
Click on an image to watch the webinar:
- Construction Scotland – Safe Operating Guidance
- Construction Scotland – Site Restart Model
- Scottish Government – Construction Sector Guidance
- Scottish Government – Safer Work Places Statement
- Scottish Government – business and physical distancing guidance
- Healthy Working Lives – Coronavirus Information for Businesses
The Health and Safety Executive
i-Con Online Learning Platform
This resource from Construction Scotland Innovation Centre is a bank of online training and skills resources that can be undertaken remotely. Access the training and skills register here: https://www.cs-ic.org/innovationcentre/innovation-support/i-con-covid-19-support/the-i-con-online-learning-platform/ This links to hundreds of free resources across a range of themes.
i-Con Knowledge Hub
Browse this bank of resources to find current information and navigate the range of support services available to the built environment community during the current crisis: https://www.cs-ic.org/innovationcentre/innovation-support/i-con-covid-19-support/the-i-con-knowledge-hub/
Low Value Disputes Model Adjudication Procedure
- The Low Value Disputes Model Adjudication Procedure was launched by the Construction Industry Council on 1 May 2020. Download the PDF here.
Project Bank Accounts
- This document by SEC Group outlines how to set up a PBA in 12 easy steps. Download the PDF here.
- This guidance from Scottish Government outlines how to implement PBAs in construction contracts.
- Scottish Government blog for the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations, here.
- Scottish Government video on PBA purpose, here.
- Scottish Government blog on why PBAs are beneficial, here.
- Scottish Government public sector Annual Procurement Reports, here.
- Royal Bank of Scotland article blog for Scotland Excel, here.
- Scotland’s Rural College citing PBAs in mitigation of possible Interserve insolvency, here.
- Webinar presentation delivered by Professor Rudi Klein and David Rennie on 15 September 2020 here.
- Lessons learned from tender by SRUC Avian Science Research Centre here.
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- Claim for wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – the application portal for submitting claims for grants for furloughed workers is now live.
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Calculator allows employers to check figures before submitting a formal application through the CJRS claims portal.
- Step by Step Guide to Claiming for your employees’ wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme provides a step-by-step guide to help Employers make a claim to the JCRS.
- Work out 80% of your employees’ wages to claim through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme guidance from HMRC on how to calculate 80% of your employee’s wages, National Insurance Contributions and pension contributions for furloughed staff.
- Check if you can claim for your employees’ wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme guidance from HMRC on the operation of the CJRS.
Business Advice and Financial Support
- FindBusinessSupport.gov.scot Coronavirus advice for businesses in Scotland.
- Construction Industry Coronavirus (CICV) Forum is a collective of trade and professional bodies including SBF.
- Coronavirus Business Support Grants (via local authorities) apply for a one-off £10,000 grant if you already benefit from Small Business Bonus Scheme Relief or Rural Rates Relief.
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) details from the British Business Bank on how to access funding through the CBILS.
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) details from the British Business Bank on how to access funding through CLBILS for companies with a turnover from £45 million to £250 million.
- Scottish Enterprise Business Continuity Advice provides guidance on how to manage the impact of coronavirus on your business.
- Coronavirus Self Employed Income Support Scheme guidance from HMRC on grant funding available for the self employed and partnership members.
- Coronavirus: Information for individuals and businesses in Scotland guidance from the Secretary of State for Scotland.
- HMRC Late Payment Support if you cannot pay your tax bill on time.
- Business Gateway Coronavirus Business Support Across Scotland provides free business resources and links to funding information.
Government Guidance for Construction
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Construction Sector Guidance details from the Scottish Government on construction sites and associated works that can continue under specific conditions.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): business and social distancing guidance details from the Scottish Government on social distancing measures for businesses in Scotland.
Training and Skills
- Construction Scotland Innovation Centre i-Con Online Learning Platform provides a bank of online training and skills resources that can be undertaken remotely.
- CITB Coronavirus Communications Update provides details of the actions that CITB are taking in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
- CSCS card applications information on the measures taken by CSCS.
- Skills Development Scotland Coronavirus advice and FAQ’s.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- NHS Inform latest guidance about COVID-19 from NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government, including social distancing and stay at home advice.
- NHS 24 can be contacted in Scotland by dialling 111.
- Health Protection Scotland has published a collection of resources which give information and advice on coronavirus.
- Health and Safety Executive latest information and advice. in relation to coronavirus.
- Disability Information Scotland provides details of coronavirus support and includes a helpline which can be contacted on 0300 323 9961.
- RCOG Coronavirus infection and pregnancy information for pregnant women and their families.
- Fit for Travel provides health related travel guidance from the Health Protection Scotland.
- Coronavirus in Scotland from gov.scot details the latest Scottish COVID-19 test figures.
- World Health Organization coronavirus disease information.
- Mates in Mind is registered UK charity raising awareness, addressing the stigma of poor mental health and promoting positive mental wellbeing across workplaces.
- B&CE Charitable Trust – Construction Worker Helpline can be contacted between 8am-8pm, 7 days a week on freephone 0808 801 0372.
- SAMH provide a coronavirus mental health information hub.
- Clear your head provides useful details of things you can do to help clear your head.
- Samaritans provide support for those worried about their mental health and can be contacted 24/7 on 116 123.
- PACE Redundancy Support offers free guidance on redundancy for businesses in Scotland.
- ACAS Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for employers and employees provides advice on furlough and includes a template furlough agreement.
- CIPD Responding to the Coronavirus provides guides, factsheets, podcasts, blogs, webinars and FAQ’s.