Project Bank Accounts
- This guidance from Scottish Government outlines how to implement PBAs in construction contracts.
- This document by SEC Group outlines how to set up a PBA in 12 easy steps. Download the PDF here.
- Project Bank Accounts in Scotland, the 15 key questions here.
- Scottish Government video on PBA purpose, here.
- Scottish Government blog on why PBAs are beneficial, here.
- Scottish Government blog for the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations, here.
ARTICLES AND WEBINARS
- An update about a PBA that will be used on the construction of a new £72m healthcare facility in Glasgow can be read here.
- Two articles about PBAs, published in SELECT stakeholder magazine CABLEtalk, are available to download here (October 2020) and here (June 2021).
- A CICV Forum webinar about PBAs, delivered by Professor Rudi Klein and David Rennie on 15 September 2020, can be watched again here.
- A PDF of the webinar presentation can be downloaded here.
- PowerPoint from Scotland Excel PBAs webinar on 6 November 2020, here.
- Lessons learned from tender by SRUC Avian Science Research Centre here.
- Another case study, about the East Riding of Yorkshire Council, here.
- Testimonials from businesses who have used PBAs, here.
- Report from Highways England on success of PBAs, here.
- Frequently asked questions about PBAs here
CDM 20-20 Vision: Changing the culture
This report on Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, developed by Keeping Pace with Change Working Group, discusses applying CDM 2015 strategically to diverse projects. The report can be found here.
MRW Responsibility and Competency Matrix
Are you aware of your responsibilities regarding fire safety in construction? Developed by the Construction Industry Advisory Committee (CONIAC) Working Group, this matrix aims to identify and outline the roles and the responsibilities of those involved in fire prevention on construction projects. Read it here.
The summary adjudication rules can be found here.
The Scottish Government has released further guidance for certain sectors of the economy who rely on shared, self-catering accommodation for work, such as forestry and construction. Employers are now advised to complete individual risk assessments for those workers staying away in shared accommodation for work purposes. Workers must be made aware that the risk assessments are dynamic and may be subject to change depending on the conditions found on arrival at the accommodation. Find out more here.
Payment Schedule Template
To download a template that can be to used in relation to payment applications to employers and also down their own supply chain, please click here.
Construction Contractual Handbook
Click here for the handbook, which is aimed at specialist contractors.
- Construction Scotland – Safe Operating Guidance
- Construction Scotland – Site Restart Model
- Scottish Government – Construction Sector Guidance
- Scottish Government – Safer Work Places Statement
- Scottish Government – business and physical distancing guidance
- Healthy Working Lives – Coronavirus Information for Businesses
The Health and Safety Executive
i-Con Online Learning Platform
This resource from Construction Scotland Innovation Centre is a bank of online training and skills resources that can be undertaken remotely. Access the training and skills register here: https://www.cs-ic.org/innovationcentre/innovation-support/i-con-covid-19-support/the-i-con-online-learning-platform/ This links to hundreds of free resources across a range of themes.
i-Con Knowledge Hub
Browse this bank of resources to find current information and navigate the range of support services available to the built environment community during the current crisis: https://www.cs-ic.org/innovationcentre/innovation-support/i-con-covid-19-support/the-i-con-knowledge-hub/
Low Value Disputes Model Adjudication Procedure
- The Low Value Disputes Model Adjudication Procedure was launched by the Construction Industry Council on 1 May 2020. Download the PDF here.
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- Claim for wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – the application portal for submitting claims for grants for furloughed workers is now live.
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Calculator allows employers to check figures before submitting a formal application through the CJRS claims portal.
- Step by Step Guide to Claiming for your employees’ wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme provides a step-by-step guide to help Employers make a claim to the JCRS.
- Work out 80% of your employees’ wages to claim through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme guidance from HMRC on how to calculate 80% of your employee’s wages, National Insurance Contributions and pension contributions for furloughed staff.
- Check if you can claim for your employees’ wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme guidance from HMRC on the operation of the CJRS.
Business Advice and Financial Support
- FindBusinessSupport.gov.scot Coronavirus advice for businesses in Scotland.
- Construction Industry Coronavirus (CICV) Forum is a collective of trade and professional bodies including SBF.
- Coronavirus Business Support Grants (via local authorities) apply for a one-off £10,000 grant if you already benefit from Small Business Bonus Scheme Relief or Rural Rates Relief.
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) details from the British Business Bank on how to access funding through the CBILS.
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) details from the British Business Bank on how to access funding through CLBILS for companies with a turnover from £45 million to £250 million.
- Scottish Enterprise Business Continuity Advice provides guidance on how to manage the impact of coronavirus on your business.
- Coronavirus Self Employed Income Support Scheme guidance from HMRC on grant funding available for the self employed and partnership members.
- Coronavirus: Information for individuals and businesses in Scotland guidance from the Secretary of State for Scotland.
- HMRC Late Payment Support if you cannot pay your tax bill on time.
- Business Gateway Coronavirus Business Support Across Scotland provides free business resources and links to funding information.
Government Guidance for Construction
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Construction Sector Guidance details from the Scottish Government on construction sites and associated works that can continue under specific conditions.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): business and social distancing guidance details from the Scottish Government on social distancing measures for businesses in Scotland.
Training and Skills
- Construction Scotland Innovation Centre i-Con Online Learning Platform provides a bank of online training and skills resources that can be undertaken remotely.
- CITB Coronavirus Communications Update provides details of the actions that CITB are taking in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
- CSCS card applications information on the measures taken by CSCS.
- Skills Development Scotland Coronavirus advice and FAQ’s.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- NHS Inform latest guidance about COVID-19 from NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government, including social distancing and stay at home advice.
- NHS 24 can be contacted in Scotland by dialling 111.
- Health Protection Scotland has published a collection of resources which give information and advice on coronavirus.
- Health and Safety Executive latest information and advice. in relation to coronavirus.
- Disability Information Scotland provides details of coronavirus support and includes a helpline which can be contacted on 0300 323 9961.
- RCOG Coronavirus infection and pregnancy information for pregnant women and their families.
- Fit for Travel provides health related travel guidance from the Health Protection Scotland.
- Coronavirus in Scotland from gov.scot details the latest Scottish COVID-19 test figures.
- World Health Organization coronavirus disease information.
- Mates in Mind is registered UK charity raising awareness, addressing the stigma of poor mental health and promoting positive mental wellbeing across workplaces.
- B&CE Charitable Trust – Construction Worker Helpline can be contacted between 8am-8pm, 7 days a week on freephone 0808 801 0372.
- SAMH provide a coronavirus mental health information hub.
- Clear your head provides useful details of things you can do to help clear your head.
- Samaritans provide support for those worried about their mental health and can be contacted 24/7 on 116 123.
- PACE Redundancy Support offers free guidance on redundancy for businesses in Scotland.
- ACAS Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for employers and employees provides advice on furlough and includes a template furlough agreement.
- CIPD Responding to the Coronavirus provides guides, factsheets, podcasts, blogs, webinars and FAQ’s.